Macdonald Center is 100% supported through philanthropic means. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated and help us break social isolation and build community in Old Town and Downtown Portland.
Make a Gift to Macdonald Center
Every gift makes a difference to Macdonald Center. The Center’s outreach and support services for people struggling to remain independent are provided entirely through private donations. There are many ways to give that will help us provide hope to those less fortunate:
- Make a secure online donation by clicking on the "Donate Now" button below.
- Send a gift in honor or memory of someone and we will send a thoughtful card to them or their loved ones acknowledging your gift.
- Sponsor our annual fundraising event and the "Hope in the Heart of Portland" award ceremony.
- Donate your running or non-running car through VOA's Charity Connections program (click here to learn more).
- Make a donation in the envelope provided in our newsletters.
- Donating a gift of appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds may provide you with tax advantages (please consult your broker or financial planner).
- Name Macdonald Center as a beneficiary in your will or estate plan.
All gifts are tax deductible. Please call 503.222.5720 ext 6 for information about any of these donation options.
In-kind Donation Wish List
We are always grateful for the many ways the Center is supported: volunteers, donors, friends, and on and on. Here are some specific donation needs that we have. Any help you can offer would be so greatly appreciated.
TriMet bus tickets: Honored Citizen and All Zone
Gift cards to Fred Meyer, Dollar Tree, etc.
Twin size sheets
Shampoo and conditioner
Other hygiene items
Party supplies: plates, cups, napkins, forks, etc
Coffee, cream, sugar
Center in-kind donations:
Please bring donations to our office at 605 NW Couch St. Our office hours are 9am-5pm.
Independent Living Services in-kind donations:
Please bring donations to our office at 207 NW 3rd Ave. Our office hours are 9am-5pm.
Macdonald Center is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Tax I.D. Number: 93-1060938